December 21, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  We made a conscious decision to not share any of the details of last week's tragedy with her but she has picked up on the fact that I have had the overwhelming urge to hug and kiss her as much as I possibly can this week and she doesn't seem to mind one little bit!

2)  It was such a joy to see her perform in her Christmas program.  Rob and I were both so proud of her and of course, she got extremely embarrassed when we complimented her theatrical debut!

3)  There are a few pieces to this one...on Saturday, Emmy and Rob went to a Christmas party at a friend's house.  I was thrilled when they came home and was told that Emily helped clean up Gabbi's room and on Monday, I found her in after-school organizing all of the books that some other children did not put away so it came as quite the surprise that evening when she told me every time she walked away from a toy "DO NOT clean this up, Mommy!  I'm still playing with it!"  I guess I'm a little OCD and I am fearful that she may end up that way too!

4)  On Tuesday, like most evenings for the better part of a month, Emily was working on some Christmas related drawings.  She asked her Daddy to draw her a Christmas tree which did not measure up to her high artistic standards and she pitched a fit!  It reminded me so much of a story that my Dad tells - I asked him to draw me a house when I was a little girl and it, too, it not measure up and I threw a major tantrum.  The biggest difference in these two stories is that one Daddy (Rob) is a trained artist so one would think that his drawing would have been phenomenal, so not the case in Emily's mind!  Kids, what are you going to do with them?!

5)  We bought her cousin Reed a Imaginex castle for Christmas and I can just tell that it is driving her crazy looking at that big package under the tree!  She keeps saying what a big present he is getting and then saying that he may be too little for such a big gift.  She should have put it on her wish list instead of the Imaginex Bat Cave!

Bonus - She punctuates EVERY sentence with "I know. Right?"  Where does this stuff come from?

No comments: