Every November on Facebook, people update their statuses daily and state what they are thankful for in honor of Thanksgiving. Usually I will post one or two sarcastic comments like “I’m thankful the annoying little girl that lives across the street finally went home” or “I’m thankful that I don’t have to deal with the staff at KRK on a daily basis”, etc. This year I decided to jump on the bandwagon (one day late) and here are my status updates including the one from today:
- I’m thankful for the weekend we spent in PA last month with my Dad!
- I’m thankful for all of the new recipes I’ve tried lately…adding a little variety to our food repertoire!
- I’m thankful for old friends and the opportunity to spend the day with one and her daughter!
- I’m thankful that two of my favorites Housewives shows are starting this week...Atlanta last night and Beverly Hills tonight!
- I’m thankful to live in a country where everyone’s voice can be heard and happy to know that after today, my phone will not be blowing up with calls from the RNC!
- I’m thankful that for the better part of last night that I got to feel like the smartest girl in the room answering all sorts of questions about the political process…I guess that my time as a Political Science major paid off!
- I’m thankful for good friends and that FB has provided a way for me to reconnect with so many of them from every part of my life…elementary school through the present!
- I’m thankful that I am able to take the time each week to capture memories from Emily’s childhood on our family blog. It forces me to slow down and appreciate all of the little (and big) things that happen in our lives and I think it will be such a wonderful keepsake for her to have and share with her own child(ren) one day.
- I’m thankful for my Dad. I get my blue eyes and smile from him along with the laugh I have when something is really funny. I can also thank him for my competitive nature, some of my OCD tendencies (although, I do not kick the dirt off of my shoes before I get in the car) and my work ethic. He is always striving to do his best and I enjoy watching him being a Granddad to Emily.
- I’m thankful for a lady who is kind, thoughtful and caring and always treats people with respect. She has a good moral compass and is very socially open-minded. She loves her family with all of her heart and is willing to do anything for any of them with no strings attached. She is a wonderful mother/grandmother/wife/daughter/sister/friend to many people and I am lucky to call her Mom.
- I’m thankful for my stepdad. Growing up I wasn’t always so kind to him but he always managed to take the high road. He is a considerate and generous man who is always willing to help me, Rob and Emily any way that he can.
- I’m thankful for my Grandmother. As a little girl, I thought she was the most glamorous lady with her hair, big sunglasses and red lipstick. As a woman, I appreciate all that she has endured in her life and I cannot think of a better example of the unconditional love a mother/grandmother has for her children and grandchildren. So many people love her and I’m a better person having her in my life.
- I’m thankful for the man that was born on this day 37 years ago. He is extremely talented and funny. I enjoy his sarcastic sense of humor. He will eat anything that I cook and he doesn’t care about my shopping addiction! He is a good friend, husband and father. Happy birthday Rob!
- I’m thankful for Emily. I cannot imagine my life without her and I consider it a privilege to be her Mommy. She is spunky, funny, smart, talented, sweet, sassy, confident, energetic and entertaining. She is a real original and I admire the fact that she knows what she likes and says exactly what is on her mind. Once I became a parent, I realized that there are two people who love me as much as I love Emily and that is the cherry on top!
- I’m thankful that my parents come from such big families. There aren’t many people who have as many aunts, uncles and cousins as I have! Being an only child, my cousin was the closest thing to a big brother while we were growing up. Even though we don't live near one another, it is nice to know that I have such a large support system in place.
- I’m thankful for the all of the music that has been the soundtrack to my life. There are so many songs that I absolutely LOVE and hearing them can always take me back to different points in time. Some songs make me want to get up and shake my booty, some bring tears to my eyes, some make me want to do a little head banging, some bring out my inner “gangsta”, some make me feel a little bit country and some make me want to sing at the top of my lungs but the songs I enjoy the most are the ones I hear Emily sing!
- I’m thankful for lazy Sundays and catching up on many DVR’d shows. Come to think of it, I’m pretty thankful for the DVR too!
- I’m thankful that I am employed. Many people are struggling right now and I am very fortunate that I have had the same job for the past 12 years. In a world full of uncertainties, it is nice to have some security.
- I’m thankful that today is my Friday!
- I’m thankful to spend the day with my sweet girl. Wreck It Ralph…here we come!
- I’m thankful that I took the “Thankful November” challenge. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it is easy to take things and people for granted. I am a very fortunate girl to have a loving family, a roof over my head, warm food in my belly, a good job and my health. Couldn’t really ask for much more than that. I’m excited about eating a bunch of yummy food and spending the day with the people I care about most. Happy Thanksgiving y’all!

No comments:
Post a Comment