November 6, 2012

A trip to the NC Zoo


On Sunday, Emily and I met up with a friend from my Maryland days, Erin (Killian) Burgart and her daughter, Tess.  Erin and her family relocated to Raleigh about 1.5 years ago and we’ve been trying to catch up for just about that long!  It’s crazy that I feel like I never have anything going on but it’s always so hard to make plans due to Emily’s busy schedule.  The NC Zoo is located in Asheboro and is about two hours away from Charlotte and Raleigh so it was the perfect meeting place.  Tess and Emily are two weeks apart in age and hit it off immediately!  They were running around and holding hands in no time.  The zoo is set up in continents – North America and Africa.  I think we all enjoyed Africa the most!  This is where we got to see a three-month old baby gorilla, giraffes, zebras and elephants.  Very cool!  They also had a dinosaur exhibit which the girls really enjoyed.  I think their favorite part may have been the playground which they had to visit two times!  What a fun day and I hope we get together again soon!





  







No comments: