1) She is such a little punk! This past weekend, she spent the night at Grandma's house and kept asking "Who's your favorite girl...Me or my mommy?" Of course, my Mom didn't pick one or other but she did make a good point...she wouldn't have Emily without me so I think I can safely interpret that to mean that I am the favorite!
2) She was so excited on Wednesday to celebrate her daddy's birthday. We made him an apple pie since he doesn't like cake very much and she gave him a cute card and book about motorcycles. For some reason, she has decided that under her bed is the official birthday gift hiding spot...that is where she put my present in May and put Rob's this week. I guess she hasn't thought about the fact that she'll need to change it up next year because both of us now know that is where the presents go! I think the highlight for Rob was hearing Emily read his card to him! Just goes to show, the best things in life can be the simplest.
3) On Wednesday, she was the Star Student and couldn't have been more thrilled about it! When we were getting ready to go to sleep, she and I were cuddling like we often do and I was told her that I was proud of her for being the Star Student and for getting "green" for the past two days (Monday was a ROUGH one). She asked "Are you only proud of me when I get green?" and I replied "No, I am proud of you no matter what color you are on but I may not always be proud of the choices you have made to get on yellow or red." I followed it up by letting her know that having her as my daughter makes for many green days for me and she seemed extremely happy knowing that :)
4) We pulled out the Michael Jackson's greatest hits CD and had one heck of a dance party on Monday night! Rob and Emily were breaking it down big time! I loved listening to music from our childhood with her...such good memories. They have choreographed moves for "Billie Jean"...can't wait to see the final product at her wedding reception in about 20 years! Here is a very short video (not from the routine though - that is top secret).
5) For all of her toughness, she really is a little princess (or at the minimum spoiled)! I find it quite funny that she thinks that it is standard operating procedure to eat breakfast in bed every morning and that her every wish is our command. From the minute she woke up one morning this week, I could just tell that she must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. The lights were too bright, she didn't want any of the dreadful food that we had for breakfast, only Dunkin Donuts would do, she couldn't hear her show, she didn't want to get dressed then she did want to eat breakfast and therefore couldn't brush her teeth. On and on and on...her husband will be in for it one day if this behavior continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment