1. While we were at the zoo on Sunday, the mama gorilla took
her finger and put it near the Daddy gorilla’s bottom and then smelled it. Gross, right?
Well, Emily thought this was the best thing ever and has been doing an
impression of it ever since. I know that
I should not encourage this type of behavior but it’s funny so I can’t help
it.
2. She was completely baffled that they had Election Day off
from school and could not stop talking about what a weird week they were having
because of it. “Go to school, have off,
go to school, go to school, go to school!
That makes no sense!!”
3. She has declared herself the “Ultimate Frisbee Champion” and
that has become our new afterschool activity.
Unfortunately with the time change, our outside play time has
decreased. Well, unfortunately for
Emily, I’m kind of liking it!
4. On Saturday, we went to Gabbi’s birthday party at Sky
High. She had a blast jumping on all of
the trampolines and swinging off of the rope into the foam pit. We’re definitely going back there again but next
time I am wearing my jumping clothes so I can join in on the fun!
5. She is such a sponge right now...always asking questions, so the presidential election was the perfect learning opportunity. They had mock election at school on Monday and she was very interested in the TV coverage on Tuesday night. I felt extremely knowledgeable as both she and Rob fired off questions at me about the political process, the electoral college, house of reps, senate, etc. Em had a tough time understanding that there is a three-hour time difference between the east coast and the west coast and thought we should know who the winner was as soon as our polls closed at 7 p.m. I assured her we would know when we woke up on Wednesday morning (although based on the 2000 election, I probably shouldn't have done that). When I went into her bedroom to wake her up on Wednesday, the first thing I said was "Do you want to know who won?" and she replied "Yes." So I told her "Barack Obama" and she pumped her arm in the air and said "YES!" very excitedly! I wonder if she will always be a democrat or if she just likes Barack Obama or if she is just following my lead (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2008/11/proud-to-be-obama-mama.html), only time will tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment