1) She allowed me to sleep late (9:25 a.m.) last weekend and when I said "Thank you for letting me sleep in", she replied "I didn't know if you were sleeping in or getting your sleep out!" Same difference, I guess!
2) Grandma bought Emily a battery powered 4-wheeler this past weekend and I don't know who was more frightened of it - Grandma or Emily. On Emily's first attempt around the yard, she kept saying "Whoa, whoa!" with Grandma chasing her around the yard. It was pretty comical but also a little scary. On one spin, Emily was having a hard time turning and Grandma stopped it and Emily went flying off into the yard. I am a terrible mother because the first thing I thought about was the fact that Em was wearing new white shorts which were covered in dirt! Needless to say, she was fine but some driving lessons courtesy of Daddy are in order!
3) Grandma, Emily and I had a girls' day at the Strawberry Festival on Saturday. Emily had a good time but it was so hot and humid that I lost my patience very quickly! On our many trips to Carowinds, Emily has asked if she could get her face painted and I always tell her "No" because I am a terrible Mommy, not really but...! They were doing face painting at the festival so I decided that free face painting is always a good option so here she is getting a blue dog (can't figure out what prompted her to make either of those choices - blue or dog but whatever!) painted on her cute little face!
4) Rob was home on Monday evening and I can't explain what a difference it makes to have two parents at home to work on getting dinner prepared and homework assignments. As I worked in the kitchen, I couldn't help but laugh at the two of them working on Em's homework. What usually takes she and I about 15 minutes took them over an hour! Maybe I help her too much or maybe Rob took it as an opportunity to drill her on every possible counting scenario he could think of but either way, it was nice to have some help!
5) Seeing how happy she is doing simple things like snapping her fingers (which she just recently mastered), tying her shoes, or wiggling her loose tooth...I can tell that she is just excited to be growing up and she definitely thinks that those three things make her a big kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment