Here are 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1. She is a good little hostess with excellent manners – it must be in the name – Emily Anders, Emily Post! When it was time for her friends to leave her birthday party, she gave each of them their party favor and told them “Thank you for coming to my party!” I could not have been any prouder!
2. She has outgrown the bike she received for her third birthday and therefore attempted to sell it at our yard sale this past weekend.
It’s so funny because I told her she should offer the helmet, knee pads and bike for $20. The first person who made her an offer said $10 and she said OK! I was like hold on a second, we’re holding out for $20 - $10 is just not enough. Needless to say, she did not sell the bike for $20 or sell it at all and I ended up giving her $10 since she said that I “lost her sale!” The kid drives a hard bargain
3. Since she “earned” some money at the yard sale, she was eager to go spend it on Sunday! It was like it was literally burning a hole though the little sandwich bag she was holding it in. Between the yard sale money and some gift cards, she had $32 to spend and shockingly, she did not spend it all. I’m sure she’s saving the rest for her next trip to BABW!
4. We had a half moon the other night and she told me "The moon is half filled, Mommy!" That makes perfect sense and just sounded so cute.
5. She has had a terrible cough due to allergies for a couple of weeks and when it first started, I asked Rob to take her to the doctor...which he did not do. It started back again this week and Rob told Emily "We need to do something about that cough of yours." She looked right at him and said "Since you didn't take me to the doctor, it's your fault that I have a cough!" Yikes, little Miss Sassy (but I couldn't help but agree with her)!
No comments:
Post a Comment