September 13, 2011

Super summer, fantastic fall!

For some folks, fall began when their kids went back to school; for others, September 23 is the first day of fall.  The Anders family falls into the second category (no pun intended).  We have really enjoyed summer 2011 and have done a lot of really awesome things.
 We celebrated the 4th of July at the beach,
visited Carowinds, 
went on a whitewater rafting adventure,
attended our first NFL game as a family, 
went to a Charlotte Knights game,
saw Keith Urban in concert,
and enjoyed a few lazy weekends at our neighborhood pool.  
The hail storm that hit our area in April kept Rob's business going at full speed for the entire summer which has afforded our family the luxury of doing so many fun things.  I really love Emily at this age.  She has a lot of energy and enthusiasm and we can go and do things without lugging around a diaper bag, stroller and dealing with a fussy kid who really needs a nap.  

As I have written previously on this blog, we REALLY love fall and can't wait for its arrival next week!  We already have so many things planned - Oktoberfest at the Waldhorn, Rob and I are walking in Race for the Cure (to donate go to http://charlotte.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/CLT_CharlotteAffiliate?px=10606583&pg=personal&fr_id=2256), Emily's 5th birthday, Rob and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage, our annual Pumpkin Patch visit and pumpkin carving, Halloween, a family photo shoot with Reflections by Rhiannon (http://reflectionsbyrhiannon.com), Winthrop Homecoming, Rob's birthday and Thanksgiving.  I'm getting exhausted and excited just thinking about it all!

No comments: