Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) She asked me to record the Steelers vs. Ravens game on Sunday since we were going out for the afternoon. We caught the score while we were out but she still wanted to watch it even though we knew the terrible outcome. The Ravens crushed the Steelers but she told me that when they play each other in the playoffs, the Steelers are going to spank the Ravens bottoms real BAD! I like her positive attitude that the Steelers will be in the playoffs and I just think it's funny that she said spank their bottoms. Silly girl!
2) She's such a little busy body (like her Mom)! She always has to know what's going on. I constantly see her peeking out of the blinds if she hears something outside or on Saturday when one of her teammates (who had been crying) was talking with the Coach, she had to run right over there and be in the middle of the conversation. I'm like that at work too. I always have to know what's going on. I like to say it's because of my journalism training in college but now I just think it is a personality trait, especially since I see in my daughter.
3) On Monday, Emily told me that Sponge Bob is her favorite TV show which was funny because a study was published that day stating that shows like Sponge Bob are terrible for growing brains (yeah, we all know TV is bad for little kids but this specifically stated Sponge Bob) so I told Emily about it. I had a hard time trying to make her understand what a study is and had to think of how to explain it in terms she could understand. Since she had t-ball practice that night, we went to McDonald's to pick up her dinner. As always, she ordered her happy meal with a "boy toy" (this week's selection for boys is Ben10 and for girls is a little sketchers shoe). When I got through the drive through and pulled out her toy, it was the shoe and not Ben 10. Emily said "The cashier must watch Sponge Bob with her kids and that is why she got confused and gave me the wrong toy!!"
4) She's so loyal! Over the weekend, I got upset with Rob about something and she said "If you're mad at Daddy, then I am TOO!" I explained to her that she had nothing to be upset about but I couldn't help but like that she was on my side!
5) I cleaned up the dining room, also known as Emily's toy storage area, and found a few little things which had been covered up with other toys. She acted like it was Christmas with all of her "new" things. Maybe I should let it get really messy between now and Christmas and then just pull out some of things she probably doesn't even remember that she had...that's an idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment