September 23, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  On Saturday, she attended her friend Logan's birthday party.  It had a football theme and she was excited to wear her new jersey and see some friends who have started kindergarten or have gone to different pre-schools this year.

As soon as she saw Josiah in his Ravens jersey, she just went off!  You should have heard her giving him a hard time about wearing the "winning team's jersey."  She's such a mess and I think she is starting to take these football rivalries a little too seriously!  Her friend Chandler was there an it was the cutest thing when they saw each other.  They ran toward one another with their arms outstretched and then gave each other the biggest bear hug!  It was so cute.

2)  She went to two more parties on Sunday (which by the way may be our limit - three in one weekend) and had a great time.  She really is one of the guys...especially because the waterworks were on full display more than once by Emily and several her little friends.  Jacob's party was at Sports Connection where they played soccer and baseball and everyone had a good time but they are still working on the concepts of teamwork and there were a few fits to be had.  Xander had his party at his house with a big jumpee set up in the backyard.  Emily and the boys played Power Rangers Samurai...at least there are two girls on that show and one of them is even named Emily!  She cried there too but at least it was because she was having so much fun and didn't want to leave when it was time.  I guess it is payback for all of the comments I have made about the little boys at t-ball, huh?

3)  On Friday, she found an old cordless phone in the garage and pretended to walk around talking to Jacob about stuff Rob and I just "don't know about."  And so it begins...

4)  Martha and Campbell stopped by on Saturday to do a little shopping at the Emily Wee Sale. I told Emily before they got to our house that I did not want her to make a big mess in her room.  She was so good about playing with one thing and then putting it away before she and Campbell pulled out something else.  Emily really had her listening ears on and I think she enjoyed being in charge too!

5)  She got a new backpack from KRK and insists on bringing it home every single night!  It is almost as big as she is so it is funny to watch her walk around with that huge pack on her back like she is taking off into the wilderness for a month long adventure.

No comments: