October 3, 2014

5 on Friday!

I have been slacking lately!  Between, the never ending eye infection and raising money for Alzheimer’s, I feel like I haven’t had a moment to catch my breath.  But I will attempt to select five highlights from the past two weeks!

1)  Emily continues to love riding her bike and even wants a new one for her birthday!  She likes this one so much she made me take a photo of the tag so I would have all of the details!



2)  A local Brownies troop leader finally contacted me about having Emily join their troop…the only hang up is that they meet on Saturdays from 12-2…presenting a little issue for Saturdays when we have later soccer games.  We’re going to go meet the troop  in two weeks and make an assessment then.

3)  School has been moving along pretty smoothly and homework has not been quite as much of a struggle.  Report cards will be issued at the end of the month so we’ll have a little better idea of how things are going at that time.  Here is her recent submission for an art contest.  Needless to say, I have taken a lot of ribbing about this one at work!


Lego Lab!
4)  She is starting to get super excited about her upcoming 8th birthday (and even started making herself gifts like the bookmark below) and several classmates also have October birthdays so that makes it even more fun!



5)  Emily has done an absolutely amazing job raising funds for the Alz Walk!  Out of 631 walkers, she is ranked #4!  What an awesome kiddo!

No comments: