September 18, 2014

3 on Thursday!

Here are three highlights from this week!

1)  It's official...we have a full fledged bike rider!  On Saturday, she set her mind to it and about five minutes later she was cruising all around!


2)  A few weeks ago, some children had a lemonade stand which gave Emily the idea to have one too but the donations were going to benefit the Walk to End Alzheimer's. Always one for doing things just a little bit bigger, she thought it would be good to have some cookies and other items in addition to lemonade.  I was touched by her idea and so I offered to help with the baking and purchasing the supplies and Grandma did too!  I posted it on FB (my personal page as well as the neighborhood group page) and we were absolutely amazed at the turnout.  $192 later…I’d say it was a huge success!  Her friends, Ben and Cael, were great helpers too!  Our great friends, the Compton’s made a final donation pushing her to a total of $200 that evening.  In addition, Eve and Mary made donations online that morning for her.  All in all, she raised $270 on Sunday!  What a rock star!












3)  The Boosterthon Fun Run!  After two weeks of madness and prizes galore, the event took place on Thursday!  Unfortunately, due to my multiple eye doctor appointments this week, I was unable to attend but Rob made it and she was happy!






They never told us it would be a mud run
too!

Since these are three pretty big accomplishments, I am cutting it short this week!  Hopefully, next week, I'll be back to 100% and have five new items to post!

No comments: