1) As shocking as it seems, it took 8 years for Emily to sustain any type of injury from falling. Well it finally happened on Tuesday. She was bebopping along on her scooter when she hit a crack in the curb and wiped out. Blood, tears and hurt pride ensued...what a mess and she was just so pitiful. Thank goodness nothing was broken because there is absolutely no way I could have picked her up out of the road and back home! On Wednesday, she was still milking it for all it was worth...see photo! And on Thursday, she was flipping out about taking a bath and possibly getting soap on her wounds...absolute drama with this one!
2) She has joined the Brownies! After two years of searching for a troop, we finally found one! I was surprised at how expensive all of the supplies were...too bad Grandma didn't save mine (AKA Aunt Tracey's) from the 1970s...retro brownie! I'm sure Emmy would have loved rocking the bell bottom pants just about as much as I did...NOT! Next major Anders family fundraising effort will consist of selling cookies...I can't wait :)
3) School pictures and soccer pictures arrived in the mailbox this week! Too bad we got her bangs trimmed the weekend after these photos were taken...bad Mommy!
4) Continuing with my theme of being the biggest slacker in the world lately (see above referenced bangs as an example), we finally pulled out the Halloween decorations on Monday and Emily painted a little pumpkin! Last year we carved our pumpkins WAY TOO early and they were a big mess by Halloween so we're going to wait until late next week do to those.
5) Who knew that buying Emily a new bicycle would make her think that I need to go riding too! We attempted it over the weekend but my tires were completely flat (darn, right?) so she told her Daddy to bring home the air tank and she went crazy pumping up every tire she could find including the tires on my car (which did need air too)!
Bonus 2 - After 5+ years, we finally bid KRK farewell on Thursday. It has been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to seeing how Emily enjoys her new after-school program.

No comments:
Post a Comment