1) As previously mentioned, we’ve been lucky enough to have family visit SC for the past two weekends! Last weekend, Melissa and Matt stopped on their way to the HH and this weekend, Ashley, Dave and Grant were here for a few days before they went to Myrtle Beach. Emily had so much fun spending time with Grant. They played games and made a fort at Grandma’s house; we all went to Adventure Landing together on Sunday and played mini-golf; road the go-karts and had a massive water battle on the bumper boats. On Monday evening, we joined them at Carowinds. The kids were such daredevils riding all of the roller coasters together! I was especially scared when just the two of them (literally, they were the only two people on the ride) rode the Carolina Cyclone (which is one that goes upside down a few times)! What a fun visit and I’m excited to know Emily will have a friend (close in age) to play with the next time we are in PA!
2) Since we are not going to the beach to celebrate the 4th of July this year, Emily is insisting that we blow it out at home! We have purchased SO many accessories and Independence Day-themed toys it is insane! I hope she and Tyler really get into it and a have a great time!
3) When I was a little girl, a lot of toys were pretty gender neutral and we did not live in a Disney princess-based world! I would have loved it but Emily does not feel that way. She made small victories for herself at summer camp this week! Even though as a little girl, I wouldn’t have cared about having to wear a pink field trip shirt and I would have been thrilled to go to the spa (another thing that just did not happen for little girls in the 1980s or even their moms, really), those things bugged her so she and two other little girls spoke up and managed to get blue t-shirts and they are joining the boys at Sky High – the trampoline place where she had her birthday. I really don’t even think it came down to the fact that she would rather hang out with the boys than the girls, it really had to do with one thing (jumping) seeming like a lot of fun, and the other (nail salon) being really boring! Way to go Emily for speaking up and not allowing anyone to pigeonhole you!
4) Tuesday afternoon when I picked her up, she was in such a grumpy mood and crying about her eye hurting and pouting about everything. Well lo and behold, I think she was just plain exhausted after her exciting Saturday, Sunday and Monday and within about 30 minutes of us getting home, she was out like a light! For the entire night! That never happens. Occasionally, she will take a quick little cat nap in the afternoon but this was a full on sleep! She definitely needed it!
5) Well our nice relaxing two week break from having friends over every evening is coming to an end. Emily is so excited that her friends are coming home this weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment