July 11, 2014

4 on Friday!

The week in review!

1)  Our long holiday weekend started off the same way the Memorial Day weekend started...with a trip to the doctor!  Once again, poor little Emily had strep throat but she didn't let it or her carpet burn complete with a body shop band-aid hold her back!  Our weekend went as planned with the exception of the air conditioner going out (but it was time - it happened last 4th of July too)...luckily Brothers Heating and Air was able to come on Saturday and get us back up and running!  Fortunately, the weather this weekend was much cooler than normal (actually, record lows) so if it had to break, it was better this weekend than next!


2)  Emily did a fantastic job helping me prepare our 4th of July jello cake and an even better job decorating our house for our celebration with the Andrews family.  Dana, Luke and Tyler came over and we grilled out and watched fireworks which were not the least bit annoying that evening but became increasingly annoying each night following (for at least the next three nights, maybe more)!







3)  Ben returned from his trip to visit his grandparents so Emily, Rob, Ben and his dad, Jericho, spent the day at Carowinds!  She is so happy to have her buddy back home!


4)  On Monday, Emily and I were discussing how much food Daddy ate on Sunday as she went for her third snack of the evening so I said "I'm not so sure I should be talking about how much food Daddy can eat, look at you!" Her response was "Hey now, I'm trying to grow!!" Point well taken. Well played Miss Em!

No comments: