January 24, 2014

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  On Saturday, Emily, Grandma and I made a trip to the Lego Store at Concord Mills!  Oh my goodness...she was in heaven!  They have an entire wall dedicated to individual lego pieces which can be purchased by the container (small or large).  She also really enjoyed the make your own Lego figure by selecting a head, torso, legs, hair/hat and accessory.  She is already asking to go back!



2)  She and I have been playing store which is a great way to have her work on simple addition/subtraction problems and it's amazing to see her memory muscles flexing when she doesn't write prices on the items but she remembers all of the prices she assigned to the items.

3)  We're always open to trying to make homework more fun at our house because it really is a major chore for Emily!  One of the optional spelling assignments was to write the words in shaving cream.  She asked me last week and I put it off because it seemed like it would turn into a major mess but her perseverance paid off because here she is writing this week's words!  She had a blast and like I said, I'm willing to do what it takes to make homework a little less unbearable!




4)  She is so crazy!  For some reason she felt compelled to wear safety goggles while helping Daddy prepare dinner!

The two of them had a contest to determine whose tacos were better and I was the judge…obviously, Emily won!  She was so proud of herself and insisted I take the following picture and post it on “the book!”  What a little nut!

5)  We were really pleased with Emily's second report card and especially liked the comments from Ms. Justice!  I know I am really happy to know that our extra reading is paying off!


No comments: