April 5, 2013

Spring Break!

I feel like a bit of a slacker skipping two "5 on Friday" posts in a row.  Since Emily has been on spring break, I've taken a bit of a break too!  We kicked off her break with our trip to Carowinds last Friday, went to the movies on Saturday to see "The Croods" and colored Easter eggs, and then we celebrated Easter at Grandma and Papa's house (and I completely forgot to take any pictures that day...oops).

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, she went to KRK and had fun spending time with Parker and Jacob!  She left for the beach on Thursday and this is the first time she has ever gone out of town without her parents.  I thought I would enjoy a little quiet time and I knew she would have a blast but about 45 minutes after I got home from work on Thursday, I was ready for her to come home.  This is going to be a long weekend.  Luckily, Rob and I have plans to have a yard sale tomorrow morning and then we plan on going out for a nice dinner tomorrow night.  My weekly posts will resume again next Friday when we get back to our normal schedule.


No comments: