Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) It has been a rough week at the Anders' house but it doesn't mean we love Emily any less. On Monday, she not only was sent to the principal's office for refusing to complete her class assignments, but she came home with a lengthy letter written by Mrs. Simpson detailing her behavior since returning from Christmas break. We are finding that the fact that she is so outspoken is already getting her into trouble. We need to put in some serious work on developing her filter so she will think before she says things that may be hurtful to others. Rob and I both possess this same trait of not always thinking before we speak so this is going to be quite the challenge for all of us! The great thing being a parent is that it allows us to see some of our own character traits in our children and gives us an opportunity to work on things we need to improve too. We are all a work in progress and learning every day. That being said, I love her honesty and spunk.
2) She is always telling me that I am funny...the girl knows my soft spot! She is a little confused because she keeps saying that she is the funniest person in our family but I think I know better!
3) As a continuation of item #1, Em has had her tv privileges revoked until we see an improvement in her behavior. On Wednesday, she was such a good helper and I complimented her on it. Her reply was "Well, it's not like I can do anything else. I can't watch tv." Valid point but I'm thinking we may be on to something with no tv on school nights!
4) With part of her Christmas money her bought some craft supplies at Michael's and made two new t-shirts. She is proudly wearing one of her creations today!
5) We had snow in the forecast for Thursday night/Friday morning and Em was very excited! She came home and told us if you flush ice down the toilet and wear your pajamas backward, it will snow! Rob and I had never heard of this but thought it seemed like a lot of fun and were happy to participate! Unfortunately, it didn't work but I think we'll try it again the next time there is a chance of snow!



No comments:
Post a Comment