1) I love watching her interact with other kids. Jacob came over on Saturday and it was really interesting to see what a dominant force she is. He was so sweet by going along with whatever she wanted to do but she needs to work a little on give and take. As you can see in the video, I think Jacob was a little more interested in checking things out around our house than playing in Emily's band!
2) She and Rob have really gotten into drawing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Well, Rob is doing the drawing and Em is doing the coloring but it is nice to watch them work on a project together and share their love of art with one another. Here are some samples of their work!
3) She has had a little difficulty getting back into the school routine. Several reds and yellows. Not sure that the long weekend coming up will help much with that. But she is excited about starting homework assignments this week and did EVERYTHING on Tuesday night. She continues to love her reading assignments (at home)...if only we could get her to have that same focus at school.
4) She gets really excited about buying lunch from the school cafeteria and plans her meals out on Sundays. I print the menu off and we put it on our refrigerator and mark through the days when she will plan on taking her lunch from home. Surprisingly, they have a lot of really good choices and the price is fantastic – only $1.65 for a complete meal!
5) She is a speed demon on her Razor scooter and I have to admit it scares me a little. After the fall that Rob took (which was incredibly funny and would have won us some type of prize if we had it on video), I am extremely nervous that she will go flying through the air and hurt herself. She is constantly telling me “I’m not going to fall like Daddy. I know what I am doing!” Let’s hope so!





No comments:
Post a Comment