Here are the top 5 reasons why I
am loving Emily this week!
1) She can read! Grandma had a "Dick and Jane" reader at her house which Emily brought home with her on Saturday and now she is tearing through it. The funny thing is she cannot ever remember that the little boy's name is Dick. She keeps calling him Dane or Devin...I guess that is proof that name is extremely unpopular these days! Reading is the first step to all learning and allows one to completely use their imagination to explore new places, things and people. As a child, I forever had my head stuck in a book and I am so excited about this major milestone in Em's life. I am so proud of her!
2) She is loving her new skateboard and trying to master all sorts of tricks!
3) On Monday, there was a
show on Nickelodeon called “Kids Pick the President” which covered the 2012
presidential candidates and the election in simple terms that kids (and Rob)
could understand! While they were watching it, Rob asked Emily, “Who do
you think will win?” and her reply was “Barack Obama!” Smart girl J The
funny thing about the show was that it included a segment where kids asked the
candidates questions and they responded (or should have anyway). The only
candidate to answer the questions was President Obama. Mitt Romney’s
campaign delivered the following message: "He simply didn't have
time. He couldn't fit it in his schedule." Impressive,
right? Mr. Romney may want to give a little more consideration to the
voters of tomorrow!
4) She had her first field
trip this week and seemed to have a little trouble following the rules hence
the red and a note in her agenda. She told me before they left school,
Mrs. Simpson told the class about bus rules including "Don't disrupt the
bus driver and wah wah wah!" Emily said after awhile all she heard
was the teacher in Charlie Brown and stopped paying attention...that's why she
didn't follow directions - she didn't hear them. The child is a mess!
A funny one too!
5) "Full House"
has been coming on Nickelodeon every night and I love that Emily loves it!
It's neat to watch a show with her that I remember watching as a kid.
It's a shame that there aren't very many family-oriented sitcoms that
come on TV now. I guess that's why we love the Disney Channel - that's
about the only place to find shows which are appealing to children and
entertaining for adults too!

No comments:
Post a Comment