1) We have another successful soccer season behind us! Emily started off strong but seemed to lose a little focus toward the end of the season so we welcome the break between now and the spring season.
![]() |
| She always get embarrassed when she is the center of attention! |
![]() |
| Checking out her new trophy! |
3) On Saturday, she and I were listening to the new Jason Aldean CD in the car and the song that was playing started playing again on Sunday when we got in the car to head to Grandma’s house. She said “Wow, they sure do play this song A LOT! It was on last night when we got out the car!” She had absolutely no idea that it was a CD finishing where it had left off – she really thought it was the biggest coincidence!
4) She bought some new books at the book fair this week - one of which is titled "Tony Romo/Ben Roethlisberger". It is a chapter book with more detailed information about those two quarterbacks then I think anyone would EVER like to know (I wonder if it will cover any of Big Ben's legal troubles - oh, I doubt it - not very kid friendly material) but the funny thing about is it is she absolutely no idea who Tony Romo is and has called him "Tony Romeo, Tony Romano" but never Tony Romo...that will all change once we dive into the book, I guess!
5) The amount of energy that the child possesses is insane! She goes a mile a minute all of the time. I had a status update on FB this week that stated "Some people are predisposed to be only children (like me), unfortunately that is not the case for Emily. The child seriously needs a sibling!" What I meant by this was as a child I was content doing things by myself (in fact, I still am). She needs constant interaction - so no, I did not mean that I needed to have another child, she just needs a playmate! One would think that living in a neighborhood full of children (5 of her classmates live in our neighborhood) that there would be at least one other little kid on our street for her to play with - so not the case! So I guess I just have to accept the fact that I will continue to play sports, work on art projects, take bike rides, have dance parties, do homework, cook dinner, give baths, etc., etc. for many years to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment