November 11, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  We had a family photo shoot at Freedom Park on Sunday and she did an awesome job!  I cannot wait to see how the photos turn out.  She was like a little supermodel and since she did such a great job, she was rewarded with Bruster's ice cream that afternoon.
Come on, Emmy and Daddy!  Act like
you like each other.
That's more like it!!
2)  Last Christmas, she fell in love with Prep and Landing  - a 30-minute Christmas show on ABC.  She saw in the Hallmark catalog that they were going to have goggles and a book from the movie so we rushed to the store over the weekend so she could go ahead and get them and get in the Christmas spirit!  Here she is modeling her new goggles.  The book has sound clips from the movie and she has really taken a liking to the one that says "Are you a baby elf?  You are squeezy!!"  I think we heard that at least 50 times between Saturday and Sunday!

3)  She puts up a good fight!  On Wednesday, Rob and I received multiple calls at work due to Emily's behavior at school.  We each told her that if she could not get her act together that she would not be able to attend her t-ball party that evening.  She continued to misbehave and although I felt terrible, I had to follow through on my word.  As one can imagine, this led to the world’s biggest freak out!  She cried, screamed and carried on for literally an hour until she finally collapsed on the chair in our living room and went to sleep.  She tried everything in her bag of tricks…negotiating, denial, threatening to have her daddy spank me when he got home, and blame.  I have to give her credit for trying but I give myself credit for sticking to my guns!  Discipline is tough stuff but she’ll be better for it in the end.

4)  Monday was an absolutely crazy day!  When I arrived at KRK, I was greeted at the front desk by not one but two "Oh No" reports, only to be followed by a green apple in her classroom folder and a "Sunshine Report".  I cannot figure that out for the life of me but I just opted to ignore the "Oh No's" and focus on the sunshiny, green apple day. Emily liked that plan too because it allowed her to watch TV that evening!

5)  Emily had to decorate a turkey for a project at school.  The directions stated that we should work on it together so we pulled out all of her craft supplies and started working on it.  The entire time she kept saying "You can help me if you really want to."  I couldn't tell if that was her nice way of saying that she wanted to do it by herself or if she was trying to let me off the hook or if she just couldn't understand that unlike most of her homework assignments that the turkey was  a group project.  It turned out great but I have a pretty good feeling that the glue will not hold up because it was covered in jewels, colored cotton balls and pipe cleaners!!

No comments: