November 4, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  Last Saturday, the Compton family hosted a Halloween Party and there were the cutest little triplets there.  Emily was fascinated by them and kept playing with them in the little haunted house they had set up in the backyard.  I saw Emily go into the real house and get some cheese, then she went back in the little house and I heard her exclaim "They have teeth!!"  It was so funny because I think she thought they were too little to have teeth but she thought they were big enough to eat cheese.  Go figure!

2)  She was such a big girl at trick-or-treating.  She walked up to houses all by herself and only freaked out a little bit when she would encounter a dog or cat.  The funny thing was when she was allowed to pick candy out the bowls, she would always search for Hershey bars.  The girl knows what she likes!

3)  When I told Emily that she needed to dress up for picture day on Thursday, she said "I'll wear my Harry Potter costume.  That's dress up!"  I then had to explain to her that I meant she would need to wear something dressy and not something for playing dress up.

4)  A continuation to number 3 is that Emily really liked the new dress I had to buy for pictures and so much so that she found a matching pink bow and insisted on wearing it too!!

5)  Before Emily fell asleep on Wednesday, I leaned over and kissed her cheek and she said "Thank you mommy!" and I said "For What?" and she said "For kissing me and being a good mommy!"  It melted my heart.  She really is a very sweet and loving little girl.

No comments: