November 24, 2011

13 on Thanksgiving!

In honor of Thanksgiving and our family's lucky number 13, I am forgoing a "5 on Friday" this week and doing a "13 (things we are thankful for) on Thanksgiving"!

1)  Marriage.  Rob and I have had some twists and turns along the way but we're in it for the long haul and I'm happy that I have the right husband to travel with on this journey.

2)  Emily.  We are beyond blessed to have a smart, funny creative and perfect little girl who brings so much happiness to our lives.

3)  Family.   I am lucky to have such wonderful parents, a terrific stepdad and caring aunts, uncles and cousins.

4)  Jobs.  In a time when so many people are suffering, we are fortunate that Rob's business is sustaining and I've been blessed to have a steady job for 11 years.

5)  A roof over our heads.  Even though we are seriously outgrowing our current house, it is nice that we have a home in which to make memories.

6)  Food in our tummies (see #13 for additional detail).  I never really think about this one but at this time of the year, it becomes so much more obvious how many people really do go without the basic necessities.

7)  Friends.  It is lovely to have close friends that I can always depend on to celebrate our successes and help during the rough times.

8)  Time spent together.  Rob's schedule is pretty hectic but we are always thankful for the special times that we share as a family.  Going to the movies, piling into our bed on Sunday mornings, cuddling on the couch, whitewater rafting and many others are all things that I think we will cherish always.

9)  Girl time.  I love the relationship that Emily and I have.  We spend a lot of time together and we are very close.  There is nothing better than hearing her sweet little voice tell me how much she loves me or saying "I want to give you a hug!"  She really is the best!

10)  Health.  This is something that should never be taken for granted.  We are so fortunate that we are healthy and hope to remain so for many years to come.

11)  Kindergarten.  We're thankful that this time next year, Emily will be in kindergarten and hopefully she will be stimulated and not bored; therefore, leading to new challenges, better behavior and less annoying phone calls at work!! (Fingers crossed).

12)  Loft, celebrity gossip magazines, Keith Urban, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Nintendo DS, motorcycles, guitars and all of the other joys in our lives!

13)  The Philly Cheesesteak Kit at Wal-Mart, Savannah chopped salad at McAlister's, Hershey bars, milanos and peanut butter, Chinese food and Hooper's (the place Rob eats lunch almost EVERY day)!  We are simple people with simple needs but these little treats brighten our days.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: