July 29, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)     She thinks that the vehicle Jeep is actually called Jeep Thrills based on a Wii game that she has and likes to play with her Daddy.  Here is a picture of the two of them playing it on Sunday morning.  They look exactly alike from the side!

2)     We went to an engagement party for Rob's friend, Nick, and his fiancee, Brandi, this past weekend.  It made me so proud that everyone commented on what a sweet little girl Emily is and how nice her manners are.  I'm taking the credit for that one (and Rob agreed)!  She wore the cutest little dress to the party and even wore a bow in her hair!  I should have taken a picture but I forgot...ooops!

3)     This past Friday, Emily went to Parents' Night Out at KRK.  I had hesitations about allowing her to go but she was persistent and finally Rob and I gave her permission to attend.   She seemed like she had a great time with her friends.  They played in the water park, ate pizza, watched Rio and had popcorn.  She is growing up so fast - already making plans on a Friday night with her friends.

4)     Emily thinks that her "get out of jail free card" is saying "But I tried my best!"  When she misbehaves, this is always her go-to defense.  That's really all a Mom can ask for, knowing that her child tried her best, but I'm not so sure that is always the case when she says this!

5)     Emily is so excited about playing t-ball in the fall.  I can't wait to see her in action.  She has a little t-ball stand, bat and glove and has already been practicing in the yard.  Her coordination is impressive and I hope she enjoys it!

No comments: