Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) She is such a little ham. On Sunday, she was playing "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley over and over and dancing her heart out at Grandma's house. I love her dance moves....they are so entertaining!
2) She knows what she wants. She told me that she wanted to get tennis shoes with straps (velcro) so I took her to Target to take a look at their selection. I showed her some white and pink tennis shoes with velcro and I could just tell they were not at all what she had in mind so I told her we would keep looking. Well, all she wanted was a pair of Converse with velcro, not shoelaces and after a couple of additional stops, we found exactly what she was looking for!
3) When Emily misbehaves, her new response is "I don't really feel like talking about it right now!" I like how she thinks that is an option and probably assumes that if we don't talk about it then it will be like it never happened. Not so much, but you can't blame a girl for trying!
4) Emily has been talking about her 5th birthday party pretty much since her 4th birthday party was over. She plans on having a Star Wars theme and I am trying to persuade her to have it at a place called "My Gym." I guess Emily inherited some of my planning way in advance tendencies. The funny thing about it is she always calls it "Your Gym" because I say My Gym and she thinks it's mine. It makes me laugh and it turns into one of those "Who's on First?" type of conversations with me saying "It's called My Gym" and Emily responding with I know "Your Gym!"
5) Grandma bought Emily a new toy golf set and she has been trying her best to golf in the backyard this week. The problem with Emily is that she gets frustrated very easily, doesn't want to practice anything (I'm sure my Mom has similar stories about her daughter but...) and makes excuses. She had problems the first night because the grass was too long, she had problems the second night because she didn't have the right club, she had problems the third night because it was too hot. She just makes me laugh with all of the things she come out of her mouth!
Bonus - I try to talk with Emily about my Grandma since we don't see her often. Yesterday, I put some pillow cases on my bed that my Grandma embroidered a few years ago and I told Emily that. She said "Which Grandma? The Old Grandma or the Young Grandma?" My mom should be flattered because in this case, she is the young Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment