Since we were on vacation last week, I took a vacation from my weekly "5 on Friday" post and posted detailed descriptions of our vacation. Since we are back to our normal routine, here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) Over the weekend, she kept trying to describe a show that she liked when she was three years old. It had two boys (one in a yellow shirt), one girl, a dad and a cat. Rob and I named every single show we could think of with no luck. On Monday morning, I turned on the TV for Emily to watch while she ate her normal breakfast in bed and lo and behold, what was on! The show with two boys, one girl, a dad and a cat - "Kid vs Kat"! She was like this was the show I was telling you about - I have no idea how we couldn't figure it out, especially with the very clever title but she knew!
2) I love the fact that given any option for something to drink, Emily will always choose milk or water, not even juice. But on Sunday, Rob was drinking some tomato juice and in exchange for $1, Emily did agree to try it. It seems that her love of money is beginning early, just like it did with me!
3) Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not much of a hugger but I do like hugging and snuggling with Emily. The issue lately is that she has been extremely affectionate, almost to the point of driving me nuts! I guess I just need to remind myself that in a few short years, she probably will not be so lovey so I should enjoy it while I can.
4) Emily has been watching a lot of shows on Disney XD lately. That channel is insane with the number of commercials they show for mail-order type items. What I love about the commercials is that every time they show one, Emily describes the item or toy to me and excitedly promotes the "we'll double your offer" feature at the end. Such the salesperson!
5) Emily helped me pack for the beach. Every time I turned around she was putting something else in one of our bags like we were moving away and she would never see her toys, art supplies or DVDs ever again!
Bonus - On Wednesday, Emily got a sunshine report for good behavior which came as quite the surprise to me. When I walked into KRK that afternoon, I received a bad report (verbally) because she had been misbehaving in the morning. I guess Mr. L told Emily that he was going to tell her parents to do something to her as a punishment because she told him "My Daddy won't listen to you!" Sassy, yes, but it made me laugh because it was so true and she knew it!
No comments:
Post a Comment