June 17, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)    On Monday, Emily was just not being herself.  She was extremely demanding and borderline rude in the evening.  I finally had enough of her attitude so I took my dinner to my room to eat in silence.  A few minutes later, she came upstairs, gave me a hug and said she was sorry.  I assumed Rob sent her upstairs to make it right but that was not the case, she did it all by herself.  It made me realize how much she is growing up and I was proud of her actions, even though it started out poorly.

2)     She was so excited to wash dishes on Tuesday evening (and Wednesday and Thursday too).  I couldn't believe how much fun she had and what a big help it was too!

3)     She is making her Daddy a special Father's Day present at school and couldn't stop talking about it!  She told me that it is a koozie and that she wanted to get blue but had to get yellow instead.  I can't wait to see it on Sunday!

4)     Rob and I have decided that it is time for Emily to begin earning an allowance based on helping out around the house (see item #2).  Her jobs are going to be posted on the refrigerator and we will mark them off as she accomplishes them.  Just little things like carrying her shoes upstairs, picking up her toys, etc.  She is so excited about her income earning potential and is already "spending" her money on things she can't wait to buy!  The one rule I am imposing is that it is not a line of credit.  In order to purchase items, she must save the money and wait until she has enough to pay for it.  I can't wait to see how this works out!

5)     Knowing how happy she was to have her Daddy attend the Father's Day celebration at her school!  The bond between a father and a daughter is very special and Emily sure does love her Daddy!

No comments: