August 17, 2010

Watch Me Grow? Watch Me Terrorize!

We are fortunate that Emily attends a day care where we are able to view what's happening throughout the day via the Internet (Watch Me Grow).  Since group time is typically an issue for Emily, I try to peek in on her around 10 a.m. each day.  As usual today, group time was rough and then once again, she had to eat lunch by herself in the cafeteria.  It breaks my heart to watch her sitting all alone but I guess the teachers think it will make an impression on her and cause her to behave better.  I'm not sure if that is the case though.  After lunch, she has to settle in for a nap with no blanket or pillow because those items have been removed since they were such a distraction.  Yesterday, Emily behaved terribly at school and Rob and I received a two page letter from her teacher detailing all of her craziness of the day.  She seems to think that the rules do not apply to her and that she can say and do whatever she pleases.  I just don't get it.  She can be so loveable and sweet and then it's like a switch flips.  Long story short, the video cameras are great but can also be a nightmare because I become obsessed with checking on her and getting upset before I even get there to pick her up in the afternoon. I can't wait to see how she is as a teenager!

No comments: