August 26, 2010

Emmy the Astronomer!!

Emily and her class have been learning about astronomy at school this week and she is loving it!!  During group time, she has been focused and participating and even helping to lead the lessons at times.  On Monday, she told her teachers that Mercury was the fastest moving planet.  They were so surprised that she knew that.  I was too (considering I didn't know that).  I asked her if Daddy taught her that because that so seems like something Rob would know and she said "No, I taught it to myself."  Go figure!  I'm really proud of her and I'm so happy that they are learning about somthing she finds really exciting.  Our new problem is that she always wants to lead the lessons and be the center of attention.  I have absolutely NO idea who she would have inherited that trait from!!

No comments: