April 4, 2016

Teacher Appreciation Week!

It's Teacher Appreciation Week which gives me a chance to make little gifts that take me right back to my Sigma days!  I love putting together packages full of goodies complete with cute notes and packaging!  It's probably carryover from my childhood career aspiration of becoming a professional gift wrapper at a department store!


My friend Dana put a request on FB today for people to nominate special teachers to be considered for a gift card compliments of her Mary Kay business.  Em's teacher, Mrs. S, has been such an amazing teacher that I couldn't pass up the chance to submit her name into the running.  Here's what I had to say...I certainly hope she is the winner!

"I would like to nominate Mrs. S.  Upon receiving my daughter’s classroom assignment prior to school beginning, she was nervous (which made me slightly apprehensive).  She heard from former students that Mrs. S. was “tough and strict.”  What we failed to hear was that she does both of those things with such love.  Mrs. S. loves her job, she loves her students and she loves getting people excited about the learning process.  She is a straight shooter.  You always know where she stands.  She is organized.  Each week, I am guaranteed as a parent to receive a weekly newsletter detailing what’s to come the following week.  Her communication skills are amazing.  She has an open door policy to reach out to her with any concerns and she does the same.  When your child is one of her students, there is a true sense of “we’re all in this together.”  She sets the bar high but does so in such a way that the children in her classroom want to reach for the stars.  Mrs. S. has been such a blessing in our lives this year.  She has been so engaging that our daughter has received all A’s and B’s every quarter this year.  When she saw Emily was struggling and feared she would slip behind, Mrs. S. stepped up and got an entire team of outstanding educators involved to help her achieve all that she can. 
Our entire family is very thankful for Mrs. S. and we cannot think of anyone more deserving of some pampering!"

I know and am friends many other wonderful teachers that I could have submitted for this contest but I truly believe Mrs. S. is someone we will all look back on affectionately for many years to come!


No comments: