February 3, 2015

Emily the Entertainer!

Sometimes it is hard to wait until Friday to capture all of the silliness and funny comments that Emily says so here are five funny things a little early this week!

1)  Emily and I were at Wal-Mart on Sunday and we ran into two different moms of kids that she knows...one mom from Brownies and the other was a mom of a classmate.  Both of whom were not looking their best...like literally rolled out of bed and went to the store.  She tapped me and I leaned in to hear what she had to say (keep in mind, there was a point in time when she would not have said the following quietly so this is huge!) and she said "Mommy, you are much cuter than most of the moms!"  So sweet.  I know I should not encourage these types of comments but she had a point!  I know that it's what's on the inside that counts but it is also important to take pride in your appearance and put forth a little effort for goodness sake!  Plus, it is nice to have your kiddo compliment you from time to time.

2)  Emily could not get over the Super Bowl entertainment and how "lame" it was!  She definitely knew Katy Perry but had absolutely NO idea who Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott were!  Made me feel a little bit old considering Lenny Kravitz is one of mine and Rob's favorites and we've been listening to him since High School and even though Rob would not openly admit it, HE likes Missy Elliott!  All in all, I thought it was a decent show and thank goodness it was not too risqué for the kiddo to watch (and comment on)! Plus, she cannot get over the fact that every year after the Super Bowl the winners want to do nothing more than go to Disney World!  I forget sometimes that she hasn't quite grasped the concept of marketing yet!

3)  I was chatting with my Mom on the phone complaining about not having a life and Emily overheard me.  She was all like "What?  You do have a life!" and pointed to herself with a devilish grin on her face basically implying that SHE is MY LIFE!  Pretty much!

4)  On the above mentioned Wal-Mart trip, I must have been feeling generous (maybe it had something to do with the compliment) but I bought her a Minecraft poster and actually allowed her to hang it up in her bedroom!  That kid knows how to work me!

5)  She's been doing a lot of work on the computer lately and is trying to navigate her way through various programs like MS Word and Paint.  She needed my help getting a new "sheet" in Word and called me by her teacher's name to get my assistance!  I have a pretty good feeling she would enjoy having a mom that is as laid back as her teacher seems to be but that will NEVER happen (unless somehow she figures out a way to get a new mom)!

No comments: