1) On Wednesday, when I picked Emily up I was very surprised when she told me that she saw a newspaper clipping on a bulletin board in school detailing her lemonade/cookies fundraiser from back in September. I looked in the Fort Mill Times for weeks to see if they ever ran a little article about it and never saw one so I just assumed they were unable to cover it. Well, sometime in December they did run an article and published a photo of her and awesome friends, Ben and Cael. Here's a link to the story on their website: http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2014/12/15/3920210_fort-mill-girl-raises-money-for.html?rh=
2) With Valentine's Day approaching tomorrow, it has been a week filled with crafts and cards! Her good buddy, Jacob, from Flyers made her a special friend card and she made cards for Grandma and Papa. I've also seen her sneaking little things out of her backpack each evening so I'm pretty sure there may be some surprises for Mommy and Daddy too!
3) She was so excited that she hit her AR (Accelerated Reader) goal this week and if she hits it one more time this year, she'll get to go to the AR party. I have no idea what that entails but who doesn't love a good party? One of the prizes she received was this little bracelet which reads "Reading is Magical!" and she has been wearing it every day since!
No wonder Lance Armstrong was able to fool the world with those Livestrong bracelets a few years back...people go crazy over a little rubber bracelet (even if they really dislike reading and couldn't possibly agree with the message on the bracelet, like Miss Emily)!
4) So after a short break, soccer will start up again soon and Rob will have his own team this season...should be interesting! Her former coach told Rob that coaches can pick their top four players and he teased that he was going to recruit Emily to his team again this season...she seemed to like that idea but it's not going to happen!
5) She has finally gotten out of her daily lunch routine of ABC 123's, peaches and graham crackers and moved onto a turkey sandwich, chips and applesauce this week. She was especially happy today when she was able to take some Girl Scout cookies in her lunch too! The school nutritionist has been in her classroom this week and I've gotten to hear all about how apple juice is the WORST juice, applesauce is just as bad as apple juice, and chips are unhealthy but somehow these rules do not apply to Papa John's pizza and cookies...wonder how that works?!
Bonus: They love each other, they really, really do!
Bonus: They love each other, they really, really do!

No comments:
Post a Comment