January 16, 2015

5 on Friday!

Summing up our week in 5!

1)  I have absolutely no idea why I find it so humorous that every time Emily sees a Planet Fitness commercial which ends with the slogan "We're not a gym.  We're Planet Fitness!", she immediately says "You ARE a gym" and I chuckle every time.  Obviously, she doesn't get their message but it's something about the little smarty pants way she says it that just makes me laugh.

2)  The struggle is real!  Second week back from Christmas break (and keep in mind, it has been a short week with a 1/2 day on Thursday and a teacher workday on Friday) and we're already having the nightly homework battles!  How many more years of this?!

3)  After much back and forth, it was decided that Mean Joe Greene may not be the best choice for her African American History project due to the fact there was limited to no information about him on the kid-friendly websites suggested for research.  So, Emily will be learning even more about Michael Jackson and presenting it to her class.

4)  Our family is planning a trip to Wild, Wonderful West Virginia over the July 4th weekend and Emily cannot stop talking about it! Grandma is doing a lot of the coordination and therefore, Emily thinks she is the co-captain!  I hope it lives up to her expectations because she is SO excited!

5)  Of course, finding the time to do homework each night has been extremely challenging, but she never fails to have enough time to work on an art project!  Here is a cute little puppy.


I seriously would give up my left arm (I’m way too dependent on the right one to offer it up) to have her embrace academics half as much as she does art...it would make all of our lives so much easier!

No comments: