September 12, 2014

5 on Friday!

Here are the highlights from this week!

1)  Emily earned 100% on her first two graded assignments.  I love seeing her cute little face bursting with pride...Rob and I were very proud of her too!

2)  First game of the season was last Saturday and she had one goal and two assists.  Her second game was Wednesday evening and she made two goals and had a great quarter as the goalie!

3)  She is meeting with the reading specialist again daily this year but seems to be embracing it more than I would have thought.  She was disappointed about having even MORE homework to do every night but I'm proud of how well she has been doing with the actual reading each night.  I hate to watch her struggle but I like the life lesson in it for her..."Anything worth having is worth the work it takes to get it!"

4)  We (all three of us) were amazed at the behavior of one woman (notice I did not write lady) at the neighborhood pool on Saturday.  The pool monitor asked her to clean up her trash she was leaving behind and then the woman went crazy!  Started saying all sorts of mean and ugly things and my favorite part was that she was behaving this way in front of her little girl. And then it clicked why her little girl had been so rude to Emily all afternoon, she's learning by example.  Another life lesson for Emily...you do not treat people poorly because of the work they are doing and you certainly do not imply that because you pay HOA dues that you are entitled to make someone pick up after you. Brought back so many memories of waiting tables and just how inconsiderate people could be by leaving huge messes and making snide comments.  Some people are really just too much!

5)  Fundraisers galore!  I'm focusing on the Walk to End Alzheimer's, Emily's working on her Boosterthon Fun Run and Rob's raising money for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride benefiting prostate cancer research.  We're some busy folks!

Bonus - We were super excited to welcome Ethan Cuppett to our family on Thursday!  It's been almost 8 years since we've had a little one in the mix and we're so happy that he's here.  Melissa and baby are both doing well.  Yay for a new cousin!



Second Bonus - the cutest Steelers' fan ever!  Too bad the Ravens beat them this week.


No comments: