1) Emily had a sleepover at Ben's house and she was thrilled that they built an awesome 3-room fort, went to Bruster's and played fun games.
2) Bubba and Zaide came to visit this past weekend and it was nice to see them and of course, Emily was thrilled with the collection of goodies they brought for her as well! I also enjoyed teaching Pearl how to use her iPad. It's really amazing that a lady in her 80s is embracing technology and learning as much as she can. It makes me happy to have a "grandmother" figure that I can interact with (but also a little sad to know that my Grandma is just a little older and living with Alzheimer's and I'm unable to have the same types of interactions with her). As a kid, I was always hesitant to have a relationship with Bob and Pearl for fear that it would be like "cheating" on my biological grandparents which in hindsight is just silly because they are such kind people and watching them with Emily makes me realize that I was missing out. It's a shame that our adult selves can't talk to our kid selves but I guess that is all part of growing up...I wouldn't have listened to my adult self anyway!
3) My soon-to-be-boss dropped his son off at Yale last week and was nice to bring Emily back not one but two t-shirts in her favorite colors - navy blue and gray! Maybe this will set her down the path to the Ivy League!
4) We met the Compton family on Sunday and attended the Winthrop vs. Clemson ladies soccer game. The girls were more interested in rolling down the hill and jumping over each other than actually watching the game but it was fun for Emily to see her goalie coach from summer camp and for the adults to get together and hang out! I love watching our girls being friends with one another...just one of the benefits of an almost 20-year friendship!
5) In order to raise awareness and funds for ALS, people are being challenged to dump a bucket of ice water on their heads. I thought I would fly under the radar but not so much thanks to my friends Eve, Dana and Em's friend, Ben; Emily, on the other hand, was so excited about being challenged and couldn't wait to do her challenge and challenge her Daddy! Here are our videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment