August 22, 2014

5 on Friday!

I took a couple of weeks off from posting but I'm back with the first "5 on Friday" of second grade!

1)  First day of school!  Emily had a great day and likes her new teacher, Mrs. Reese, very much!  She is also excited that she is riding the yellow school bus to KRK in the afternoons and gets to sit with Ben and Tyler.

2)  Not only did school start this week but so did soccer.  Emily was thrilled to get new cleats/shin guards (in a snazzy bright green and black combo), a gatorade water bottle (like all of the kids had at soccer camp) and a cool new Adidas bag to keep all of her gear in!  An added plus is that her best friend from first grade, Cole, is  on her team.

3)  We made another trip to the pediatrician this week after Emily broke out in a rash all over her torso.  Lo and behold, she is allergic to sulfa medications just like her Mommy AND Daddy!

4)  On Sunday, we went roller skating and I have determined that moving forward it will be an Emmy and Daddy activity.  It is just way too difficult for me to try to balance on skates while trying to support her as well...I'm a wimp!

5)  We made it one day this week without any homework but it kicked back in on Tuesday...and so the struggle begins!  I literally have to set a timer each day for 10 minutes to make sure she does her reading for the allotted time and she refuses to go one second over it.  I really wish my child enjoyed reading...it would make her life (and mine) so much simpler!

BONUS - a cute picture of my favorite kiddo!


No comments: