June 13, 2014

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five highlights from this week!

1) On Saturday, Emily and Grandma had a girls day the NASCAR Hall of Fame!  They had a blast.  Emily loved the pit crew stops and seeing how quickly she could change everything out (tires, gas, etc.).  Of course, she came home with way too many souvenirs but I guess that's what Grandma's are for!










2) Since school wrapped up last week, our house is overrun with items that came home with Emily...artwork, notebooks, workbooks, reading books, etc!  It's just too much for me to handle! Thankfully, since I was not feeling too well all weekend due to my strange allergic reaction, Emily and Rob were kind enough to clean up and put some of the items away!

3)  She had an awesome end-of-the-year report card!  Reading level on track, almost all 3's and S's in all of her conduct categories...we are super proud!




4)  My favorite part of any and every day is when Emily and I take few minutes to just sit and chat.  On Monday, I learned that she hopes to be a successful artist or a professional soccer goalie when she grows up...my wish for her is that she always finds happiness and joy in whichever path she wanders down in life!

5)  So much for thinking summer would be relaxing!  Emily seriously thinks summer is supposed to be fun...what in the world is that all about?  Every single evening, she wants to go swimming or have friends over...does she not understand that I am tired after working all day?  Of course not, I can remember being a kid and never understanding why my mom would be tired after sitting at a desk all day...what comes around goes around, I guess.

No comments: