March 23, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She and I had the absolute best time washing the car and having a water battle!  A big puddle formed in our driveway and she kept splashing around and saying it was like having a swimming pool. I told her about how when I was a little girl I always thought I would have a swimming pool at my house and she said "Now you do!" Not quite what I had in mind but...

2)  On Saturday, I took her to her friend Robert's birthday party at Thomas Gymnastics and the kids had a great time, running and jumping and playing on the equipment.  Here she is with her "Parker in Crime" getting ready to swing on the rings Indiana Jones-style.  Em makes me laugh because she is constantly talking about kids who try to tell everyone what to do but I think the real problem is she doesn't want to be told what to do because she was definitely the "ring leader" (pun, intended) in this game!

3)  On a previous visit with Grandma, they watched "The Spy Next Door" and she has told me many times since that we need to watch it so on Sunday, we found a copy at Blockbuster and I have to agree, it was a very cute movie.  I love that her sense of humor is developing and she is starting to get jokes, not to say that she still doesn't make up some of her own silly ones that make me wonder!

4)  I promised Emily a happy meal for her good behavior at school on Tuesday because she was so excited about the Star Wars toys that we saw on a commercial over the weekend.  Well, when we got there we found out that they were doing Transformers toys instead, leading to one very disappointed little girl.  When we got home, I checked online and found out that the Star Wars toys were featured in February so we missed it.  I checked on eBay and was able to purchase the entire set for $6 resulting in one very excited little girl!  She kept jumping up and down and ran to tell Rob that her "Mommy was awesome"!  I love seeing her happy and I love being called awesome too!

5)  So on Tuesday, Hines Ward officially retired from the NFL as a Pittsburgh Steeler.  Emily and I watched his press conference on YouTube and she could not understand why he was crying.  She just kept saying "Is he crying?"  While I understand that she doesn't grasp the emotion that he must have been feeling, I found it funny  that a girl that was sobbing on Monday because she could not get the happy meal described in item 4 was judging someone else for crying.  Oh kids, gotta love them!

Bonus - Guess who learned her phone number?

No comments: