March 9, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She was the only child in her class to receive an award for completing ALL of her homework assignments for letters A-Z.  Our little over achiever!

2)  She has so much fun making up little games for us to play.  This week, we used her net for catching bugs as a target to throw balls into, we drew lines on the driveway and had to jump over the blue lines which were "water", and she pulled her stuffed animals around in her little wagon and pretended like it was a train.  I love her creativity and enthusiasm.



3)  A little while ago, one of the guys in my office gave me some safety glasses for Emily which she has just rediscovered and insists on wearing all of the time.  She thinks she looks super cool when she is wearing them (see photo above).

4)  Some of Emily's photos from our session have been added to Rhiannon's website (http://reflectionsbyrhiannon.com/?load=flash#/363983/Children) which makes me so excited!  

5)  Emily wanted a plain cowgirl hat so I found one at Gymboree and had to remove the cute little flowers from it but she got what she wanted so it works.  Now she wants to wear the hat every day to school and has decided that it is going to look awesome with her white button down shirt (from her Harry Potter costume) and jeans so she'll be like a "real" cowgirl.

Bonus - She schooled me in pink slime this week (http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/seven-million-tons-8220-pink-slime-8221-beef-180500764.html).  One day during nap time, she overheard her teachers talking about pink slime (or goo as she referred to it) being added to hamburgers at McDonald's and then she told me that they put it in lunches for kids at school.  I  had absolutely no idea what she was talking about so she told me that I needed to look it up on my phone.  She was exactly right because as soon as I typed "McDonald's pink..." the search "McDonald's pink slime" came up.  Yuck!  Now she is all worried that they are going to add pink slime to the food at her elementary school next year and so she has decided that she will only eat food that she brings from home!

No comments: