March 16, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She and I had a slumber party in her room on Saturday evening.  We watched Mr. Popper's Penguins and had a great time!

2)  We had bbq for lunch on Saturday and to hear her tell it, it was the "best" bbq sandwich ever!  Not so sure that Grandma, Papa and I would agree but it was nice to see her actually enjoy eating something (other than candy) for a change.

3)  Some weekends, I am perfectly content to not leave the house and stay in my pajamas all day long.  With the hustle and bustle of the week, I am often exhausted by Sunday so this past Sunday was kind of one of those days but I did get up and make brunch and put away laundry and clean up a bit so I felt like I had accomplished some things but not Emily.  She was itching to go outside and play and would not stop talking about it, so finally around 4 p.m. she was like "Are we ever leaving this house today?"  Luckily, Rob was home so he took her out and they played in the yard and I was able to catch up on some of my recorded TV shows.  A win-win!

4)  Since the weather is warming up, Emily and I went through her clothes from last spring/summer to see if anything still fits.  It was so funny when I could tell that she didn't like something anymore (even if it did fit), she started squirming around and saying "Too tight".  She's a smart one!

5)  She'll kill me for this one (one day) but on Monday, Emily was using the potty at school and they have a rule that the door cannot be completely closed when the children are in the rest room but one of her classmates shut the door.  She knew this was against the rules so she got up midway through and tried to open the door.  Needless to say, she made a big mess but she did try to clean it up.  Poor thing but I think the part that was the worst (for her) was that her extra change of clothes happened to be a pair of pink pants which was like pure torture.  She insisted that they wash her khaki pants and she promptly changed into them as soon as they were washed and dried.  I thought she would be embarrassed by her accident but no, it was those dreadful pants which were truly embarrassing in her mind!

No comments: