1) This past Saturday, we went to CFA for breakfast which was free if you came dressed in pajamas. So we met Campbell, Maggie, Martha and Robbie there and the girls played for a little while and the adults had an opportunity to chat. As soon as we got there, Emily saw the cow dressed in its pajamas and immediately said "I do not want to get my picture taken with that cow!" As you can see in this photo, with the cow, she is less than thrilled about it! Whatever Emily is feeling is written all over of her face.
2) Bob and Pearl were visiting this past weekend from New Jersey and we spent Saturday afternoon/evening with them. We decided to play the LCR game (I know we're terrible influences) and Emily got SO into it. She won the third and final pot (with a lot of luck and a little cheating) and was beyond excited with her $18 in winnings! That money burned a hole right in her pocket because she woke up on Sunday talking about going to Target to buy a Nerf gun which resulted in two guns and a bunch of darts which I keep finding all over the house now!
3) Emily is now a hip hop dancer! It is the funniest thing to watch her "shake it up and break it down"! She kept us entertained for about an hour on Saturday dancing and singing. I so wish we had taken a video!
4) On Wednesday, Emily had her "best day ever" according to Mr. Daniel, one of her teachers. He had previously been her teacher in her last room and he is one of her teachers again so I think that is saying something. I'm so proud of her.
5) Emily went to her friend Allison's birthday party this past weekend and I had trouble finding the house - the Google directions just sort of dropped off and my GPS had me driving in circles - so I started getting a little stressed out. It was so funny to hear her little voice come from the backseat and say "Don't you think you should call her Mom and she'll tell you how to get there?" Good suggestion from the voice of reason because I called and we were there in a matter of minutes!
Bonus - Halloween comes early at the Anders' house! Emily has been talking about being Harry Potter this Halloween since last October so I wanted to go ahead and get the costume sooner rather than later. I was afraid if I waited then we wouldn't be able to find it, so the costume and all of the accessories arrived on Thursday and Emily was beyond thrilled. Here she is trying it out! Pretty cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment