August 19, 2011

5 on Friday - the Adrienne edition!

Here are the top five things that I am loving from the past few weeks!

1)     I tried a new stylist and I love how she cut my hair.  I'm hoping she'll stick around for a while.

2)     Bar trivia!  Rob and I went out last Friday to see Dan's band play but I was too focused on the trivia game.  I'm such a dork about stuff like that and get beyond competitive too!

3)     Family night with the Comptons.  Emily and Campbell had a great time playing on the waterslide, the food and company were great and the only thing that would have made it better is if the girls' team had won Cranium. We'll get 'em next time.

4)     A new gray belt with turquoise stones on it...love it!

5)     A trip to Sumter last week with lunch at the BBQ hut...yum, yum!

Bonus - I am really lucky to have such a nice extended family and friends.  On Wednesday, I posted something on FB about Emily wanting a Brainy Smurf from McD's and so many of our friends and family members offered to go looking for one for her.  My cousin was able to track one down that night and is sending it to Emily very soon.  It's just nice to know that so many people have my back and are looking out for me, Emily and Rob. That little Brainy smurf is symbolic of how most of the people in our family are really very nice and have each other's best interests at heart...lucky, lucky!

No comments: