February 18, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I'm loving my little Emmy this week!

1.     Last Saturday, I actually convinced Emily to wear a dress to Campbell's birthday party and she actually convinced me that she needed to pack a change of clothes to wear at Grandma and Papa's house that afternoon.  She is such a little tomboy...I have no idea where it came from but it makes her Emily and I love her!

2.     On Valentine's Day, Rob and Emily went shopping for cards and she ended up influencing Rob to buy me flowers and a balloon.  The card she gave to me was for her "sweetie" not her Mommy but she picked it out all by herself and she was very proud of her purchase.  She originally wanted to buy me a card with Chewbacca from Star Wars on it but reconsidered and settled on Mickey and Minnie Mouse!


3.     On Tuesday evening, Emily and I had to pick up a few things at the grocery and then we walked to Subway to pick up her favorite ham sandwich.  While walking, she looked at me and said "It's a beautiful evening for a walk."  She sounded like such a grown-up.

4.     She has always enjoyed drawing and coloring but lately she has kicked it up a notch.  She filled an entire little notebook with her adorable drawings and asked me to look at it many times on Sunday.  She was so proud of herself.

5.     She has developed a new obsession with kickball this week.  They have been playing it at school and she loves it!

As a side note, we are on day 10 of good behavior at school and we continue to mark it on the calendar every day after school.  Way to go Emmy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile! Such great memories! Also, yay for Emily and her 10 days!