February 3, 2016

January 2016

2016 is off to a pretty good start!  We've all been busy with work, school, getting some things done around the house and squeezing in a little fun too!

After months (and I literally mean months) of anticipation, Rob and Emily finally painted her bedroom and we redecorated over the MLK weekend!  Emily had been telling me for weeks about how she NEEDED a more mature bedroom since she was turning double digits in 2016 and it was time to bid the baby pink walls and Pottery Barn kids decor farewell.  She selected gray paint and now I wish I had a gray bedroom - so chic!  She is thrilled to have a desk and laptop in her bedroom and I am so excited that after 13 years, we finally replaced the dreadful light fixture in her room!  As with most things, it's taking a little while to completely wrap up the project which will include updating her adjoining bathroom but we are further ahead now than I ever thought we would be!




On January 21st, the third graders at GHES celebrated the 100th day of school with an Awards Ceremony!  Rob and I were both so proud of Emily when she was selected to speak about how she exhibits proactivity.  She did an amazing job and didn't seem nervous at all!  She was also recognized for being on the A/B Honor Roll for the first semester of the school year.



The very next day, we got our first "snow" of the season which really amounted to a bunch of ice and little snow but it was still fun to go out and enjoy!






Last but not least, here a just a couple of random cute shots of Em from January.  Go Panthers!  


No comments: