I’m sure there may be a few of you who are missing my “5 on
Friday” posts and to be honest, so am I.
My lack of updates has not been caused by being too busy or uninterested
in continuing to blog but really by the fact that I have little to no material
these days. With the warmer temps, longer
daylight hours and Emily’s growing independence, she is often dropping her
backpack in the house and immediately running outside to play with her neighborhood
friends each afternoon. When she gets
home, she eats supper, relaxes for a bit and heads to bed. As it happens with all kids, they begin to
seek more alone time, more time with peers and less time with their parents…the
only problem is that I was not expecting this to happen for a few more
years.
She continues to do well in school and the quality of all of
our lives improved tremendously when I began to allow her to do her homework
independently. So on that front, I have
no daily drama to report on which has been the topic of many of my “5 on
Fridays” over the past two years. After
much hard work, she is finishing second grade “on grade level” for reading and
exceeded all of her MAP testing requirements.
She has been invited to attend the Accelerated Reader (AR) Party next week for meeting her AR
goal each time this year and she is excited about that! Her grades continue to be all A’s and B’s so
it really has been a “no news is good news” type of deal. Never in a million years would I have thought
this would be the case when I met with teachers back in December…what a 180!
Soccer is winding down this Saturday and it has been an
experience…to say the least. I keep
telling Emily she will not understand until she is about 25 just what a nice
thing it was for her Daddy to coach this season but I also understand that she doesn’t
see it that way right now. The two of
them have butted heads repeatedly and the team is young. They started off their season with a win and
have struggled since but played a GREAT game last night with Emily scoring two
of the four goals to win the game.
Fingers crossed, they can pull off another win on Saturday to finish
their season 3-4. I think both Rob and
Emily really need that win on Saturday…so she can keep a genuine interest in a
game that she loves so much and he needs some confirmation that he did make a difference
in the lives of 12 kids this season, taught them a thing or two, and hopefully
they all had some fun while doing it. I know it is not all about winning but it does feel good!
Since my last post on April 10th, I’ve grown
another year older and we celebrated my Mom/Grandma’s birthday and Mother’s Day,
too.
| Yes that is cooking and nothing inappropriate! |
I’ve successfully planned and
executed another Managers’ Conference at work.
The closing for the refinancing of our house finally occurred. Emily’s had a few sleepovers and our neighborhood
pool is open for business so we’ll be spending a lot of time there during the
summer months. We’ve suffered through
the two hottest days of the year (so far) with a malfunctioning A/C system and
my on-going dental issues seem to be healing finally. We are all trying to figure out our “new normal”
since the decision was made to close the business at the beginning of April and
how best to move forward and what Rob’s next steps will be. Some days are tougher than others but
thankfully, there is a lot of love in our little family of three and I truly
believe that anything done with love will always end up working out. Here's a little proof our love for one another...one evening we all wrote love notes to one another. This is what our sweet kiddo wrote to her Mommy and Daddy.
I’d like to say that I’m back and will start making updates
on a more regular basis but I can’t make any guarantees. My posts may not occur every week like
clockwork but I will try to do a better job for a few people that I know really
like reading these weekly updates about their Granddaughter!
P.S. We achieved the unimaginable this week! Emily selected and allowed me to purchase a dress for her to wear to my cousin's wedding in September! This is huge and just the perfect little reminder to find happiness in the little things each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment