Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) She was on fire at her soccer game this past Saturday! She scored 6 of the 7 goals for her team. I was so proud of her and absolutely loved the look on her face after every goal she scored. All of that action made for a very hot little girl. Here she is actually allowing Rob to hold her hair off of her neck! If only the child would wear a ponytail!
2) My dearest friend Eve visited us over the weekend and she, like Emily and Rob, is an artist so she brought Emily a painting kit and shrinky dinks.
Here is a photo of the painting!
I posted this photo on Facebook and I could not believe the number of comments. She did a fantastic job but I hope everyone realized that there was a picture printed on the canvas and she filled in the spaces with paint....she did not come up with this design all on her own! That being said, I truly believe that she has inherited her artistic abilities from the Anders...her beauty and intelligence from me :)
3) On Tuesday, Emily informed me that Mrs. Simpson was not at school and that her class had a "guest teacher" and I said "Oh, a substitute?" (which is what we always called them) and she replied "No, a guest teacher!" Learn something new every day!
4) Emily had school picture day on Thursday and she was so happy that she did not have to wear a dress! She picked out her own outfit which consisted of a plaid shirt with a little tank underneath and some gray skinny jeans. She allowed me to curl under the ends of her hair and I could tell that she felt good in her outfit. Can't wait to see the pictures.
5) She was so excited that she was having a play date with Jacob on Friday. Another first...we allowed her to ride in the car with someone other than family when his mom picked her up at KRK. She's growing up!
Bonus - we've been playing a lot of football these days and she keeps coming up with crazy moves like the backward throw, the spin kick, etc. and then she does the funniest little dance when she "scores" a touchdown complete with a little song "Touchdown, oh yeah. Touchdown, oh yeah!" My favorite part of the whole thing is how she says throw...it sounds more like fro. It's going to be a sad day when she masters the "TH" sound because that is like the one last thing that makes her still like a little kid and not the big girl she is becoming!


No comments:
Post a Comment