September 14, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She scored the only goal for her team at Saturday's soccer game! Superstar!

2)  She and I went to Carowinds on Sunday and I was shocked to learn that she has grown two inches since April.  She was tall enough to get on two different rides that she was too short for on our first visit of the season.  I couldn't believe it!

3)  On Monday, she and Rob were working in the yard spreading pine straw and I was "supervising" (AKA sitting on my bottom).  As I watched Emily working on the hill, she kept turning around to see what Rob was doing around the air conditioning unit and then she would do the same exact thing...raking, shaking the straw with her hands, or kicking it around, depending on what she saw him do last.  It made me smile because she thinks he knows EVERYTHING!

4)  When I picked Emily up from KRK the other afternoon, Mr. Chris made a point to tell me what a fantastic job Emily has been doing in the after school program and how proud of her he is.  It always makes a Mom feel good to hear someone say nice things about your child and I know that Rob and I are really proud of her too!  I think she was so ready for a change a pace and seems to be thriving in her new routine...big girl school and then the gym in the afternoons.  She loves playing football with the "big" kids in the afternoon and most days doesn't even want to leave and asks me to to pick her up "late, not early".

5)  She received her first red at school this week and thankfully, she was open and honest about it...WITH ME!  As soon as I picked her up, she told me that she got a red and why.  When we got home, she asked if we could go on a bike ride and I said "Daddy will be home shortly.  Maybe he can take you."  She replied "Probably not after he finds out that I got a red today." and I said "If you think Daddy won't take you because of your red, why do you think that I should?"  She said because you are nicer than Daddy and smiled a huge smile.  Needless to say, I didn't fall for it and waited to see what happened when Rob got home.  As soon as he pulled into the driveway, she asked him to take her for a bike ride and he said he would.  So I waited and waited to see if she was going to fess up....which she never did!  She allowed him to take her on the ride without saying a word!  So I told him what happened and he told her that Mr. Howard, the principal, sent him an email and she was SHOCKED!  She came clean and told Rob the same thing that she told me in the car but I she made sure she got her ride in first :)

BONUS - One of my sorority sisters, Brigitte, is a third grade teacher at PKES and on “Meet the Teacher” day, we swung by her classroom to say hello.  Emily regularly tells me that she sees Mrs. Wagner in various places throughout the school and always seems so excited about it.  On Tuesday, Brigitte posted the following message on FB – “Can I just say (and I know we’ve said this) but I LOVE seeing Emily.  I can have 90 things on my mind and just her ear-to-ear grin and wave simply melt my heart!  PKES panther and Sigma legacy, let’s face it, the girl ROCKS J!!!!

Emily had one happy mommy after reading this message from Brigitte!

No comments: