Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week which has been quite an exciting one!
1) Her level of enthusiasm when describing all things related to school! So far, so awesome...she is loving it! She has been a joy going through the evening routine too - taking a bath, going to bed at an appropriate time and in her own bed! On Thursday, she received a yellow which at KRK would have caused her to act all defensive but she was open and honest about it and said that she would work harder on Friday to get a blue or green. Good girl!!
2) Soccer practice started this week and she was thrilled to get new cleats, shin guards and a super fancy blue ball. Thursdays are going to be long days because practice is at 5:30 but Rob is planning on taking her so I get a little break! She had to get everything packed into a bag so they would be able to find it and she must have told him 5 times that she packed her bag and where she put it. Once Rob and Emily got to practice it became very clear that she is one of the oldest and most experienced players on her team. Rob is going to be the assistant coach and she is going to be "Captain" so she can help out the other kids. I think she'll like having a position on the team and I know she'll love her Daddy being there and helping too!
3) She had two play dates last weekend and it was entertaining to see her interacting with her friends. It also confirmed for me why she is an only child..I don't think I could handle two little ones :)
4) She loves her new PKES t-shirt so much that she wore it to KRK for the last day of summer. Funny thing was that the majority of children that are attending the same school had their shirts on that day too! She wanted to try to wear it on the first day of school and I told her that she should save it for spirit day and that it was good to dress a little nicer to make a good impression. She replied "For you. I don't think it will matter to Mrs. Simpson what I have on!" She may be right, it may have been more for me than for her teacher!
5) I mentioned to Emily that once school started, she and I were going to begin taking walks in the evening so I could get some exercise and get skinny. I know, I know...I should have said healthy because every time she reminds me about taking a walk, she says that she needs to get skinny too! I definitely don't want to be sending her messages about weight but it makes me giggle because she is a skinny little thing already!
No comments:
Post a Comment