July 30, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1) She has been very appreciative of little things that I feel like most kids would take for granted...an example was on Sunday while she was eating supper, she said "Thank you Daddy for cooking our food today."

2) We purchased her school supplies and she immediately came home from Target and loaded up her new backpack. She has unpacked and repacked it about 10 times since then...she is so excited about starting school!

3) We are starting to read chapter books. The first is from a series called "Junie B. Jones". Junie is in kindergarten so it is perfect timing to begin this series. We are shooting for three chapters each night.


4) She never wants to miss school...I gave her the option to stay home with me on Friday for a little "staycation" day and she refused! She wanted to have show and tell and water park instead! I guess that is a good thing that she likes school so much but I would think everyone would like a day off once in a while!

5) Emily put her first 100 piece puzzle together (with a little help from her Daddy) and she was so proud of herself. Not only was it 100 pieces but it was one of those puzzles that looks like a different image depending on the angle. The pieces were almost all shaped exactly the same so it was extremely tricky. After it was finished, she insisted on taking photos of it which I had to print for her at work so she could carry them to school and show her teachers...she must have been bragging about it to them!

No comments: